Alabama policy states that no child in grades K-3 may be denied a lunch meal.
- Madison County policy states that for students in grades K-8 a maximum of two meals may be charged.
- High school students may not charge a meal.
- Charging A la carte items will not be allowed by anyone.
- Schools may choose to set up accounts with money from independent organizations, such as PTA or clubs, to pay for students who have forgotten or lost their money.
- In K-8 schools that do not have such a fund, an alternate meal consisting of a peanut butter or cheese sandwich and a milk may be given to students without lunch money.
- No charges will be allowed the last 10 days of the school year.