- To assess students’ mastery of early reading skills
- To provide teachers and parents with a better understanding of a
student’s strengths, weaknesses, and progress in the major
developmental areas of early literacy
- To provide information to the teachers and parents in a
- To assist teachers with the development of classroom instruction
appropriate for the student
- Kindergarten assesses Initial Sound Fluency, Letter Naming Fluency,
Phoneme Segmentation, and Nonsense Word Fluency.
- First Grade assesses Letter Naming Fluency, Phoneme
Segmentation, Nonsense Word Fluency, and Oral Reading Fluency
- Second Grade assesses Nonsense Word Fluency and Oral Reading
- Benchmarks are administered three (3) times – fall, midyear, and
- Progress Monitoring is consistently done throughout the school year.