• This image is the button to access the PowerSchool New Student Portal   This image is an icon to access the PowerSchool Portal for Spanish-speaking students

  • Step 1 Icon

  • Step 2 Icon

  • Step 3 Icon

Who Must Enroll in PowerSchool?

  • Students who will be attending a MCSS school for the first time. This includes students who recently moved into the district or who previously attended a private or home school.

How Do I Enroll?

    • Create an account in the PowerSchool Portal
    • Gather required documentation


What Documents Are Required?

    1. Age Verification Documentation- Birth Certificate or Passport/VISA when necessary
    2. Alabama Certificate of Immunization or Exemption Documentation
    3. Custodial Parent’s Photo Identification
    4. Updated Custody Documentation, when applicable
    5. Residency Documents:
      • A valid lease or rental agreement, deed, property tax, or mortgage statement for the custodial parent AND
      • a current Huntsville Utilities bill for the legal residence in the custodial parent’s name 
    6. Transcript, if transferring from another school system

    If you cannot provide proof of residence because you are living with someone else, then you must complete the Madison County Residency Affidavit, which must be notarized. This application must also be approved by the Supervisor of Student Services and the school principal. The affidavit will also have to be verified by the social worker and then approved by Student Services before enrollment can be finalized. Please contact your local school office for assistance with affidavit questions.

    Access the 2022-2023 Residency Affidavit at this link.

    Required documents may be uploaded directly to PowerSchool when convenient and then verified at the local school and/or district level.