Final Exam Protocol 02.07.2023
A student will earn the option of exempting from a comprehensive final examination if the following minimum criteria for attendance and academic achievement is met:
Course Average Course absences (No more than)
A student who earns exemption status has the option to take the comprehensive final examination to raise the final grade average for the course.
Absences (excused and unexcused):
- Absences due to an out-of-school suspension will count against course attendance.
- Absences due to approved school activities will not count against course attendance.
- Medical Provision: A student with a chronic health condition (physical or mental) may still be eligible for exemption status providing all the following criteria are met:
- The medical provision must be requested by the parent; and
- All absences above the allowed number of days require a physician’s note, the physician’s note must state the reason for the absence and the direct correlation to the student’s chronic health condition (physical or mental); and
- The physician’s note must be reviewed by the local school principal and nurse or a health services designee for approval.
- Medical provisions are not guaranteed and are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
MCSS 2nd Semester Exam Schedule