The ACAP Summative will be administered to grades 2-8, once a year, in the spring, starting in spring 2020.
- The assessment will be administered 100% online, with the exception of a documented need for paper assessments (IEP, 504 plan, or I-ELP).
- The content areas to be assessed are math and English/language arts, to include a writing section.
- In addition, grades 4, 6, and 8 will be administered an assessment in science.
The Grade 2 assessment will not be used for measuring achievement for accountability purposes but will serve as a baseline for 3rd-grade growth.
- The writing assessment will only be administered to students in grades 4-8 and will comprise a textdependent analysis in order to develop a comprehensive, holistic essay response. The demand required of a student’s reading and writing skills in response to a text-dependent analysis prompt is similar to the demands required for a student to be college-and-career ready.
- Test items will be aligned to the Alabama Courses of Study.
Who: Grades 2-8
What: Assesses English, Math, Reading, Science and WritingWhen: April 6- May 1, 2020