Future Farmers of America
FFA is a dynamic youth organization within agricultural education that changes lives and prepares students for premier leadership, personal growth and career success.FFA was created in 1928 as the Future Farmers of America: the name was changed in 1988 to the National FFA Organization to represent the growing diversity of agriculture.Today,nearly one half million student members are engaged in a wide range of agricultural education activities, leading to over 300 career opportunities in the agricultural science,food,fiber and natural resources industry. Student success remains the primary mission of FFA.
The National FFA Organization is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
The FFA motto gives members twelve short words to live by as they experience the opportunities in the organization.
Learning to do, Doing to learn, Earning to live, Living to serve.
To accomplish its mission, FFA:
- Develops competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increase awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and it contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthens the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career
- Encourages achievement in Supervised Agricultural Experience Programs.
- Encourages wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communication, human resources of the community.
- Builds character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism and patriotism.
- Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles
- Encourages excellence in scholarship