Welcome to the SHS College & Career Center
1. College Fair for Seniors-August 31st
The entire Senior Class gets to go on a College Fair Field Trip on August 31st! Juniors will not be able to attend this year, I recently learned.
- Permission Slips are required.
- Students must bring their signed permission forms to one of two places (They should not give permission forms to teachers): 1. The guidance department or 2. The College and Career Center (Room 156)
- Deadline-August 28th.
2. The PSAT will be administered on October 11th at Sparkman High School. This is a test for juniors and sophomores.
(Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test)
Who can take the PSAT?
At Sparkman High School, students in grades 10 & 11 are eligible for this test on a first-come, first-served basis.
Seating is limited.
When & Where
October 11, 2023 at Sparkman High School. Students will report between 8:10-8:15 a.m. More information is forthcoming.
Registration and Fees
Fee: $25.00* payable through myschoolfees on the SHS website. Deadline: August 18, 2023
POC: Assistant Principal J. Gray email@example.com
2. The Annual College Fair is August 30 or 31, 2023. Information and field trip forms will be distributed to students via their College and Career Google Classrooms. An email will be sent to parents in a few weeks.
- All seniors must complete the FAFSA.
- The FAFSA opens every year on or after the 1st of October.
- Once completed, students should forward their "Successful Completion" email to Dr. Muhammad in Room 156. They should not email this information.
- All seniors will take the WorkKeys exam in October 2023, and the makeup exam is in the spring of 2024.
- Seniors who will need to take the WorkKeys in the Spring should watch the College and Career Google Classroom for updated information.
- The PSAT is for sophomores and juniors who sign up for it.
- It occurs only once a year in October.
- Students will test on a Wednesday right here on campus. Stay tuned for updates.