2020-2021 Enrollment

  • Enrollment Dates:
    Enrollment for all students PK-12th grade: OPEN NOW!
    **New student enrollment will remain open indefinitely

    Step 1: Who Needs to Enroll?

    • Students who will be attending a Madison County schools for the first time (new students) for 2020-2021 (Students who recently moved into the district or previously attended a private school or home-school)
    • Pre-K and Kindergarten who will attend for 2020-2021
    • ALL returning students must register for 2020-2021 school year 

New Students

  • Step 2: NEW students:

    If you are enrolling a NEW student, complete the enrollment form and upload the required documents listed below. Once all documents have been uploaded, please visit the school for which you are enrolling with the required documents for verification. If you are unable to provide any of the required documents, please visit the school for which you are trying to enroll. 

    Please upload these documents:

    1. Age Verification Documentation- Birth Certificate or Passport/VISA when necessary
    2. Certificate of Immunization or Exemption Documentation
    3. Custodial Parent’s Photo Identification
    4. Updated Custody Documentation, when applicable
    5. Proof of Residence: Current Huntsville Utility Bill AND one of the following:
      • Property Tax Statement
      • Deed or Rental/Lease Agreement
      • Homeowners Insurance Declaration Page 

    NOTE: Students are not officially enrolled until all documentation has been verified by the local school registrar. If the required documents cannot be provided, please contact the local school.

    • If you have questions or need assistance with PowerSchool Enrollment please refer to the FAQ section at the bottom of this page or contact the registrar at your school.
    • If you have questions about Pre-K registration, please email mcssprek@mcssk12.org.

    2020-21 Student Enrollment-English
    2020-21 Student Enrollment-Spanish

    NOTE: If you are currently staying in someone else's home temporarily or are in transitional housing, please contact the registrar at the school for which you are enrolling for possible additional enrollment assistance.

    If you have specific questions about the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, please contact Keith Trawick, the MCSS Homeless Liaison, at 256-852-2557 ext. 61715.

Returning Students

  • Step 2: RETURNING Students:

    A snapcode is required for enrollment. You will receive a snapcode via email or postal mail.

    NOTE: For Returning Students: If the local school has a current Certification of Immunization (Blue Card) on file, there is no need to upload it to the PowerSchool portal.

    2020-21 Student Enrollment-English

    2020-21 Student Enrollment-Spanish 



    • If I have more than one student in the district, do I need to do this for each child?
      Yes, because you’ll need to provide information that is specific for each child. We recommend that you submit one child’s enrollment completely before starting another. Doing this will allow you to “snap over” shared family information to your other children’s forms, which will save you time.
    • Can I save the work I have done and return later to complete the forms?
    • What if I make a mistake?
      If you would like to make a change, please edit your responses by selecting the form you need to update, arrowing back or forward to the desired page, or selecting the “Edit” link when it is displayed.
    • Do I have to answer all the questions?
      Items marked with an asterisk (*) are required. You will not be able to submit if required fields have been omitted.
    • Can I go back to work on my child’s verification if I have already submitted?
      No. Once you have reviewed and submitted your form online for a child, you will NOT be able to return to that child’s forms to make edits. Any necessary changes must be submitted to the registrar at the local school level.
    • I forgot my password. What do I do?
      Contact your school’s registrar to reset your password.
    • How do I get help if I’m having technical difficulties?
      For technical support, visit the Power School Registration Family Support Center to review support resources or to submit a request for help.

    PowerSchool Privacy Information